Email this page to a friend
available from Doug Lipman
Experience and Approach: A description of Doug Lipman as a workshop leader
Booking or taking a workshop: How to book Doug for your conference, one-day, or multi-day presentation--and the formats of workshops that Doug can offer.
Organizing a workshop: Read about the experiences of some who have organized workshops in the past:
Want more info about bringing a workshop to your community? Try here:
Upcoming Workshops: You can also view a list of Doug's upcoming workshops that are open to the public - or read a brief description of how to prepare for such a workshop - and what happens in it.
Detailed descriptions of some multi-day workshops (for a list of those scheduled soon,
see my online store.
Topics: Doug will be happy to create a workshop specifically for your needs. Or you can choose from over 70 different workshop topics:
- Brief Workshop topics
- Multi-Day Workshop topics
Doug Lipman As a Workshop Leader
Doug Lipman has led hundreds of workshops in storytelling, music, business skills for artists, and communications.
Known from coast to coast in the U.S. (and as far afield as New Zealand) as an exceptional workshop leader, Doug combines:
- an unusual grasp of the structure of a subject
- clear and lively explanation
- masterful management of group process, and
- deep respect for the intelligence and creativity of those who attend.
As a result, at the end of Doug's workshops, participants:
He has led workshops multiple years at conferences such as:
- feel inspired and empowered
- have practical steps to take as soon as the workshop is over.
- the National Storytelling Institute
- the National Storytelling Conference
- the Conference on Alternatives in Jewish Education.
He has been invited to lead workshops for groups as diverse as:
- criminal defense lawyers
- nurse practitioners
- the Center for Creative Leadership (corporate trainers)
- the Pastoral Care and AIDS conference
- countless small, private groups of storytellers, educators, and musicians.
Doug's life-experiences that have prepared him as a teacher include:
- degrees in mathematics and in creative writing
- five years teaching of preschoolers
- hundreds of school residencies of one-day and longer
- training and experience as a Kodaly music educator
- the writing of dozens of articles, books, and an instructional video
- key participation in the storytelling revival since the mid-1970's.
A reporter from the Boston Globe Magazine attended a session of one of Doug's courses and described her experience in the article, How the Tale Was Told.
Some national workshop attendees have said:
"My brain is bursting. My heart is overflowing. The amount of information and quality of the class far exceeded my expectations--and I'm generally hard to please."
Photo by Tom Raymond
"Doug was wonderful. He created a safe and caring atmosphere in which it was possible for me to stretch my capabilities! He understood the needs of the beginning (and experienced) storyteller and gave his all--and then some!"
"The session exceeded my expectations. I came out of it with more objectives met than I realized I had when it began. It was a genuine life enhancing experience!"
TOP OF PAGE
HOME . SERVICES .
PUBLICATIONS . STORIES .
Warning: include(../includes/doug_info.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dynam/domains/storydynamics.com/public_html/Home/Services/workshops1.html on line 406
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../includes/doug_info.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /home/dynam/domains/storydynamics.com/public_html/Home/Services/workshops1.html on line 406
This page was last updated on Friday, November 28, 2003
Copyright©2003 Doug Lipman