Email this page to a friend
The Storyteller's Voice-Care Toolkit
Everything you need to preserve and enhance
Your irreplaceable expressive instrument
Order now, on-line.
Torn between neglecting your voice and paying thousands for lessons?
For less than the cost of a voice lesson or two, The Storyteller's Voice-Care Toolkit™ helps you protect and maintain your voice!
Here are just some of the valuable tools you'll get - and use for a lifetime:
All this, with a minimum of sweat, jargon, and confusion.
- an exercise video for your voice - as easy as watching TV!
- a car warmup on both audiocassette and CD - help your voice as you drive!
- a simple, easy-to-grasp system of vocal principles - it's not about work, it's about
- joy, and
- paying attention to your inner experience .
- an illustrated booklet with the complete text of both videos, illustrations, and more.
- an easy-to-follow warmup poster to follow - for warmups from 1 minute to 10 minutes or more.
- a pocket warm-up guide, for preventing vocal strain on the go.
- You were born able to use your voice well. Learn how to regain a baby's vocal power and endurance.
Why pay for expensive lessons until you've tried the system that many professional storytellers use to keep their voices in shape?
How Much Longer Can You Take Your Voice for Granted?
As someone who talks as an important part of your life, you rely on your
voice. In fact, if you speak as part of a job -
whether in teaching, sales, law, training and development, even patient care
- you need to know that you can count on your voice.
Many people who depend on their voices never give voice work a second thought. Unfortunately, you can't count on a voice that you abuse.
"Excellent. Detailed, but not too technical. ...Easy to browse, easy to locate, easy to use...A variety of valuable information and resources." - Marilyn McPhie, The Story Bag
Seven resources in one!
This toolkit is a complete resource for developing, using, and saving your voice.
(Read for yourself the editorial and customer reviews!)
The Toolkit contains:
- A video lecture-demonstration about the secrets of vocal transformation;
- A "follow along" video that leads you through a complete, 30-minute vocal warm-up;
- One audio recording of the lecture-demonstration (in both cassette and CD format, for your convenience),
- One audio recording that leads you through the vocal warm-up (in both cassette and CD format, for your convenience);
- An illustrated booklet containing the complete text of all the recordings as well as answers to additional questions;
- A glossy wall chart outlining the vocal warm-up; and
- A laminated, pocket warm-up guide.
What should I do when...?
Use these videos in the privacy of your home. Listen to the tapes and CDs in your car, while exercising, even while resting.
These videos, audios - and all the other resources - give you all the information and exercises you need.
For one thing, they cover the long-term care and development of your voice - the work you'll do at home, away from the stress of performing. For another, they also guide you through the what-just-happened, where-do-I-go-now moments when your voice is in the greatest danger of abuse.
- The three basic principles of effective voice work;
- The four tools for reducing vocal tension;
- The seven essential parts of your vocal production apparatus;
- Using imagery to change the sound of your voice;
- Three steps to maximize your vocal expressiveness;
- How to use the abilities you've developed as a storyteller...to enhance your voice;
- Which destructive habits are vital to un-learn;
- How to increase your awareness of what your voice sounds like;
- Why SOME vocal instruction can be worse than none at all....
(Read what other editorial and customer reviewers learned!)
"My voice is less strained. I think I am telling better, with a more
expressive range. It's all very useful and a great resource for me, especially as it is hard for me to get to workshops etc...." - Joan Stockbridge, Colfax, CA
In addition, you'll find answers to all these questions:
- How can I be heard in a crowd without straining?
- How can I make character voices without hurting my voice?
- What if I only have one minute to warm up?
- How should I care for my throat while performing?
- When I perform a particular story, my throat hurts. What should I do?
- Do I need to understand vocal anatomy? (The answer may surprise you!)
- How can my voice express powerful emotions?
- What kinds of food should I avoid before speaking?
- How can I keep my voice from sounding nervous?
- (And more)....
An Exercise Video for Your Voice
One "secret" of vocal work is to warm up your voice - at least before every performance,
and ideally every day. The Voice-Care Toolkit™ makes this easy with its unique "Exercise
Video for Your Voice," which leads you through a complete, 30 minute warm-up,
complete with exercises for:
- Relaxing habitually tense muscles;
- Breathing from your diaphragm;
- Developing resonance;
- Opening your rib-cage;
- Contracting your diaphragm;
- Aligning your head and neck;
- And more!
Plus, this video demonstrates tips for customizing your own warm-up, creating short warm-ups, and even warming up in public.
How to Develop Your Voice
The second video is a lecture-demonstration about the principles and techniques of voice work for storytellers. It gives the fundamentals of improving vocal production, as well as long-term techniques for reducing habitual muscular tensions, and demonstrations of character voices.
Nothing here is technical. Nothing is about doing things "right." Rather, this
video emphasizes getting in touch with the inner experience of
your speaking voice - so that your listeners can "hear" your
intended emotions, attitudes, and images.
It also answers common questions:
- How to build a character voice without strain,
- How to deal with difficult performance situations,
- How to diagnose problems in expressiveness,
- (And several more).
All of this information
is presented in a practical format that will allow you
to solve the
various vocal problems that telling stories is likely
to involve - whether these problems are already present or show up in
the coming years.
"I use what I've learned...visualization, stretching, effectively breathing (how sad that, as adults, we must re-learn something so natural!), "sounding" - it's all as powerful as any other form of meditation or exercise in preparing for the task at hand." - Lynette Ford, Columbus, OH
(Read the entire text of the editorial and customer reviews!)
Can you afford to neglect your voice?
If you knew a great voice teacher - and they ARE out there - you'd pay $50, $100,
even $200 or more for a single session. A series of lessons
can easily run over a thousand dollars - and leave you with nothing
to hold in your hand and refer to. But the Storyteller's Voice-Care
Toolkit gives you a permanent
reference plus daily warm-ups, answers, and advice - even the "Exercise
Video for Your Voice" - all for $119.95 (plus $10 s&h in the U.S.).
If the Storyteller's Voice-Care Toolkit keeps your voice supple and healthy,
it's worth the price - many times over. But don't take my word for it; you have nothing
to lose. I stand behind this product to assure your satisfaction.
No risk. Money-Back Guarantee!
Think about it. If you pay for a voice lesson and don't like it, you're out the money. But the Storyteller's Voice-Care Toolkit is completely, 100% guaranteed.
Watch the videos. Try out the follow-along warm-up. Listen to the audios. Browse through the booklet. Use the wall poster and pocket warm-up guide to lead you through the exercises. If you are not totally convinced that the Storyteller's Voice-Care Toolkit will strengthen and preserve your voice - and that it will help you solve vocal problems in your storytelling for years to come - just return it for a full refund. How can you lose?
If you are a storyteller, you need to pay attention to your voice. Now you can have a complete multi-media tool-kit for developing and maintaining your most fundamental mode of expression as a storyteller. With the Voice-Care Toolkit you will be prepared to reach out to your listeners vocally with maximum expression and ease - for years and years.
"Since May of this year I have (had) an irritation on my vocal chords. Now it's much better, happily. Not 100 %, but I did all the performances I planned!" - Hans van Woerkom, The Netherlands
Everything You Need !
This never-before, one-of-a-kind toolkit contains everything you need: Two
videos, two audio cassettes, two CDs. And the CDs let you skip instantly to
the question you want answered or the warm-up you want to do. A full-color
8 1/2" x 11" wall-hang-up
warm-up guide, and a laminated, pocket warm-up guide. A sixty-page booklet
with 30 illustrations, a table of contents, and a list of illustrations.
This makes a perfect resource for your own storytelling - or a gift for a storyteller in your life.
Read for yourself the editorial and customer reviews!
The videos are also available in
international standards - PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N, or SECAM -
for an additional charge of only $20.
TOP OF PAGE
HOME . SERVICES .
PUBLICATIONS . STORIES .
Warning: include(../../includes/doug_info.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dynam/domains/storydynamics.com/public_html/Home/publications/Multi-Media_Toolkits/svt.html on line 519
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../../includes/doug_info.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /home/dynam/domains/storydynamics.com/public_html/Home/publications/Multi-Media_Toolkits/svt.html on line 519
This page was last updated on
July 21, 2005
Copyright©2003 Doug Lipman